Make your own Removable Wall Art
Posted by ajoyful
- First figure out what you want to create on your wall “a saying, a picture”
- Whatever you choose, decide whether you want black for the writing or color.
- If you want black or colored writing on a clear background. Follow the directions below But if you want to do shapes and designs scroll down a bit.Writing on a clear background
Now Gather your supplies.
- Clear Contact paper
- Computer with a writing program
- A printer
- White paper of course
- On your writing program write what you want to say and enlarge the lettering to the size you want for the wall.
Make sure to also get the length cut of the contact paper as well, peel the back off the contact paper and lay sticky side up.
Scrolls and Shapes
Here is the end result for the wall. I did the lettering myself and traced the letters on the back of the contact paper….. just remember to write your letters backwards, so they turn out the correct way on the wall. “Yeah I forgot to do this the first time and had to start over writing them.” Thank goodness I hadn’t cut them all out yet. Yikes!
Hint: Remember that once you have stuck them on the wall they won’t be as sticky the second time around so make sure you put your word art or design where you really want them. Or just make extras.
Do you like wall art? What is your take on it all?
About ajoyfulI'm a wife, a momma, a housekeeper and a penny saving one at that.
Posted on July 29, 2013, in DIY - Do It Yourself, Money Saving Ideas and tagged contact paper, contact paper wall art, DIY scripture wall art, DIY wall art, How to Wall art, Removable wall art, sayings wall art, scripture wall art, wall art. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.