Blue Moon Activities
Tonight is the first blue moon since November, 21 2010 and the next one wont happen until May 21, 2016.
To find out more about the Blue Moon and the hows and whys click HERE
Here our my TOP 5 memorable Blue Moon activities for you and your family.
- The Blue Moon is a great opportunity to keep your kids wide awake and take them star-gazing and look at the full Blue Moon. Pack them up in a vehicle unless you are already lucky and live on a farm or far enough away from city lights. Make sure to grab a picnic blanket or two and some blankets to lay under if it is too cold.
- If you love to camp take them camping or let your kids pitch a tent in the yard for your kids to sleep in.
- Make some sugar cookies cut them out in circles and frost them with white or blue frosting.
- If you are not up to camping or star-gazing take your kids for a walk in the evening when the moon is starting to come out.
- Have your kids color and decorate a circle “moon” on a piece of paper.
With any of the activities that you plan on doing make sure to tell your kids about when and why the blue moon occurs. Allow your kids to ask questions. This is a great opportunity to tell your kids that even though it is called a blue moon it does not mean that the moon is actually blue in color.
For more information about the Blue Moon click the links below. 🙂
Posted on August 20, 2013, in Money Saving Ideas and tagged blue moon, blue moon activities, blue moon calender, blue moon fun, fun things to do blue moon, when is the next blue moon. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.