FREE Spring/Fall Cleaning Checklist
Ok I will have to admit, I used TO LOVE Fall! All the leaves changing colors and cooler temps. BUT I don’t love it as much as I used to because it reminds me that WINTER is right around the corner. Ugh for Winter. The only reason I can possibly love or even like that season is seeing the joy on my children’s faces when they see snow falling. That is the only reason. However with fall here and all the leaves changing color and the cooler temps it is time once again for a fall cleaning overhaul of the house! YEAH for cleaning… Ok I was a little sarcastic there, sorry. But I do love the house so much more when I’m all done. So here is my run down. Hope it helps you get your house cleaned and smelling great!
So for starters you should always remember this rule of thumb when spring cleaning. “Always start from the top and go down”.
In order to get a thorough cleaning “don’t do one room at a time” you will want to start from the top “ceiling” and go down “floor” Remember dust settles. Also base the following list on a one level home. If you have multiple floors always start on the top floor and go down following the cleaning checklist. Give or take depending on what you have on each floor. Remember clean from the top down.
Here is a run down for cleaning, but for a more precise cleaning checklist click and print the link below
- Dust cobwebs
- Clean all light fixtures and fans
- Remove all wall hangings and head to the washing machine and wash them. once they are done put them on
clothes line so they get that fresh spring air smell. **make sure to follow cleaning labels accordingly.
- Dust and wipe down all window frames
- Wipe down and wash all cupboards
- Clean your windows inside and in between if possible
- Clean your window sills – once windows are done leave open and let the fresh spring air in.
- Remove all pictures and wall hangings and wipe and dust them including tv’s and mirrors including the ones in the bathroom
- Wipe down your walls
- Wipe down and dust all appliances including your refrigerator, stove and microwave.
- Clean the inside of all your appliances “look below for how to”
- Dust and wipe down all other furniture
- Shampoo those sofas and vacuum under those cushions
- Wipe down and clean all cupboards and counter tops
- Remove all bedding from beds and place in the washer and keep cleaning – when the bedding is done place outside on your clothesline and let the spring air freshen them up. You will thank me later.
- Clean your bathrooms medicine cabinet, sink, tub and toilet.
- wipe down all baseboards
- now your floors
- Carpet – Vacuum and Shampoo those things “You will want to move furniture and possibly only do one or two rooms at a time so the carpet can dry before moving all the furniture back.
Hard wood floors – Sweep/wipe down or wax/buff
Linoleum/tile – Sweep and mop
Now take a deep breath your house looks and smells awesome!
For those of you that are curious here are some how to’s for your kitchen.
How to clean that pesky stove and oven – This link is one of the best that I have found.
“I have tried this and it works wonderfully. My only recommendation is to let it sit for a while.
Now to clean the inside of the oven doors.
How to clean your refrigerator
Don’t forget to defrost your freezer so you have more room in there.
Need a copy of the Spring/Fall cleaning checklist? Click this link for your free checklist spring and fall cleaning checklist
Let me know what you thought of our Spring & Fall Cleaning Checklist and if there is anything you would add to it that we didn’t think of. Can’t wait to hear back.
Posted on September 23, 2013, in DIY - Do It Yourself, Pointers and Tips and tagged Fall Cleaning, Free Checklist, Free Fall and Spring cleaning checklist, Free fall cleaning list, Free spring cleaning list, how to fall clean, How to spring clean, Spring cleaning. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.